Friday, November 6, 2009

Blogs I Miss

I have been reading blogs forever! For years. I'm not lying. The funny thing is, one day, a blogger just stops. No real explanation. No real sign that it is going to happen. But they just stop blogging. Most of those blogs for me, were the silly ones. The ones that I read religiously to find out about the new NYC hot spots, MAC releases, or some up and coming fashion designers. You know the type. I assume some young, 20 something blogs and blogs. Then one day, she falls in love and gets married. Life takes over, and the blog is left behind.

Those blogs, I missed them. But I didn't feel like I was missing something. No, I really didn't. I would usually use Google to find a new MAC fanatic. Or something like that. But when I was in that weird phase between "I want to get pregnant" to "Help me, I'm a new mom," I found a really great blog. Peanut Butter Burrito. Andrea is the author of that darling little blog. And she talked about everything. From a Chicana's point of view. If you haven't already guessed it, I am Hispanic.

Before long, Andrea had baby Becca. And the posts and stories got more interesting. I couldn't believe how well she did in that transition. Never skipping a beat with school. Andrea is a lawyer, so is her husband. Dan also happens to be a Jeopardy Champ! It was fun to read her posts about Jeopardy too. It got me interested in the show too! I got to the point, were every single day, I would check Andrea's blog. She didn't post everyday, but you never knew.

I found another blog through Andrea's blog. A New Duck. About a single mom with an infant daughter. I actually found the blog when she was still pregnant. She was fighting the snow, dealing with a teething infant, and living in a studio apartment. I quite liked her blogs about pies and chairs. You just had to read them to know what I am talking about. And she blogged about her move across country and back again. Another blog that I really liked. And at a time when I felt like I was failing miserably as a mother, I could go read A New Duck, and just sit and laugh. It was like talking to another new mom. I never felt ashamed of my failures from that day.

Armando and I decided to go on vacation in late May. And we were gone pretty much until the beginning of July. Between our vacation, and a slew of weddings in June, I pretty much stopped reading blogs. Heck, I rarely checked my e-mail. Finally, the first of July comes around, and life starts to settle down. I pull out my laptop, and go to my bookmarks. But nothing. A New Duck, it is not there. Peanut Butter Burrito, I need a password. Huh? What? When? Where? Panic rolls over me. And I felt slightly depressed.

Yes, before you go and judge me, I was depressed. I felt like I knew so much about these 2 strong women. I had read all about their adventures. I read Andrea's monthly letter to Becca. I was so excited when Becca turned 1. It was like she was my daughter! Not really my daughter, but you know what I mean. And then, there was the little duck! I just adored her little pictures. How she was beginning to explore the world.

But no more, I wasn't allowed to see these 2 fabulous blogs. I was sad. But I periodically still searched for them. I noticed A New Duck came back to the blogging world. But her blog was now also password protected. No more reading of the lawyer tales. I tried to contact another blogger, that I knew read their blogs. But I never heard back. I had wanted to forward my email address. Who knows? Maybe the blogging Gods would contact them. And then I would be reunited with my favorite 2 blogs. But no luck!

Are there any blogs like this, out there for you? Ones that one day, when you go back to read them, they are no longer there. Or they are password protected? I was wondering about that today. Probably because I was talking to a wife, of one of my husband's collegues. You see, Armando is an attorney. I think that is why I enjoyed these blogs so much. It gave me a little insight to what my husband does every single day. Something that I don't always understand, but desperately wish I did. I hope that I can find 2 equally as entertaining blogs! ~G

No comments:

Post a Comment